Stink bugs eat leaves, flowers, fruit and crops like soybeans. They also eat other pests, such as caterpillars.
Stink bugs live in orchards, gardens and farms.
Stink bugs do not hurt humans, but they can cause a lot of damage to crops and plants.
- Seal cracks around your house.
- Replace damaged screen on doors and windows.
- If you see a stink bug indoors vacuum them up and throw away the bag immediately.
- If you see a stink bug in your garden, lightly spray the area with approved insecticides. Keep weeds around the garden in control and clean up the garden at the end of the growing season.
- Hand pick stink bugs in early morning when they are slow moving.
Find information on stink bug control at the official NPMA website.